Sunday, September 27, 2015

the troops are ready



“The troops have been made ready. The troops are ready. They are waiting  for orders to go.”

Last Sunday as we were praying and worshipping, the presence of the Lord moved through our service.  I heard the voice of the Lord speak. “The troops have been made ready. The troops are ready. They are waiting  for orders to go.  Pray”  
This week I have prayed on that and asked the Lord what He meant.  I went to the Bible and found myself in the book of Daniel chapter 9.  Daniel had been reading the books and words Jeremiah had given and was moved to pray and fast.  Verse 3 “And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:”
This prayer goes on through verse 19. He really prayed for the mercies of God, for God to fulfill His word and move for the nation of Israel.  In verse 21 we see that the angel Gabriel came to him and began to speak to him.  Verse 23 really stands out to me. “At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, consider the vision.”
When Daniel began to pray, the command came forth.
This tells me that when we begin to pray, heaven moves. God gives command to his angels concerning us. He gives command and the angels go forth.

We can read in 2 Kings 6 about Elisha and his servant facing an army.  The servant was afraid, Elisha answered, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.”  He prayed for the servant’s eyes to be opened. When he looked around, he saw that the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. God moved. The oncoming army was struck with blindness.  The were subdued at the mercy of Elisha.

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around them  that fear him, and delivers them.

I am certain God is telling us that when we pray, he is able to give the command. He is able to say “Go forth! Go forth!! Go forth!”  “My child needs an army to move!”  He dispatches the angels of heaven to perform in the spirit what we cannot do. He sends the messengers and the armies of angels to fight the battles and win the victory.  He is waiting to hear from us.  He is waiting to hear us cry out against the enemy. He is waiting for the prayers to come. We always hear the saying, “Prayer changes things.” This is truth. Prayer opens up the heavens, brings forth the charge, sends the angel army. Heaven moves when we pray.  James 5:16 says “- The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”  Prayer is effective. Prayer is how we find victory. Prayer is how we bring on the fight.

If we want God to give the command, “Go forth!” to the angel armies, we need to engage in prayer, fasting and making supplications before the Lord.  Send the troops, Lord.  Send the troops.  They are ready to go. It reminds me of an old song that says, ‘When mama prayed, heaven paid attention.’  I want heaven to pays attention when I pray.  I want to know the troops receive their orders when I pray.  Thank you Lord for showing me that my prayer is powerful. My prayer brings about a spiritual move that can only come because of my prayer.  Prayer brings the command: Go forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts