Monday, April 11, 2016

praise makes a difference

There is something so pleasant about getting out and cutting the grass.  The smell of that cut grass. The breeze blowing and the accomplishment of a nicely manicured lawn really make me feel good.
It is a good time to sit back and admire the handiwork of God. It is a good time to thank God and praise Him for the blessings around me. I get busy mowing, pulling weeds and digging in the dirt. I start talking to God.  It is usually just me since the kids really don't want to put in that hard work.  I can sing, worship and just talk to my Friend, Jesus. When I get through, I sit down in that patio chair and just admire the grass, the trees, the flowers and the beauty He created.
It is amazing what happens in a heart and mind when you really begin to appreciate the things God has done and who He is.  I can start out troubled and weighted down. I can be thinking on the stresses and difficulties. When I begin to pour out praise and worship, it just becomes easier and brighter. I begin to thank Him for more and more.  I start seeing the amazing flower petals opening up and the patterns designed in them. I start realizing that the trees have grown and have new branches. I start hearing the songs of the birds echoing through the yard.
My whole attitude and mindset changes. I focus less and less on the troubles and trials. I focus less on what has gone wrong during the day, and begin to realize how truly blessed I am. My focus changes from the negative to the Creator. My focus becomes God-centered.

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
When we thank God, we are in His will. We are changed by His mighty Spirit moving and operating in our praise. He rushes in and dwells in the praise. He can do great things and when we thank Him and praise Him for it, he brings His attention to us. Our troubles shrink in His presence. We are overhauled and uplifted. We are changed.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Have you become so bogged down in the struggles and trials?  Do you see a lot of big problems?
The best thing you can do is start praising God. It will change you more than anything, but it will change those difficult things into possibilities because you recognize the greatness of God.
He created all this amazing world and when we take time to praise Him for it, we can realize that God is bigger than our problems.
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” Mark 10:27

Take time to praise God. Take time to worship Him.  He has done great things and deserves all our praise.  Praise Him!!!!!

Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts