Wednesday, May 11, 2016

hiding under His wings

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,

There are so many times when life may become bigger and harder than expected. Great waves can overwhelm. These times are the best times to run to God. He is a Good Father that wants to protect and provide. He can become that safe place for us to hide and rest for a little while. Yesterday, as I began my day feeling overwhelmed and worried, I started with prayer. I laid out my concerns before my Savior. I reminded Him, how hard this day was going to be and how much I needed him. As I got going through my day, God had prepared many reminders about how much He is our place to hide and find peace. As we drove out of the driveway, there was a large rainbow just in front of the house to remind me of God's promises. As the radio began to play, the DJ's were praying for God to send peace to those facing tough situations. Then the song they played was "In the Eye of The Storm"

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me, in the eye of the storm


 I quickly realized, God was with us. And as the day continued, I drew strength to face the negative news and know that God was still in control.  I sat amazed, as I heard my little boy declare that He was trusting God for the healing he needs. He is giving it all to God and believing that God is taking care of Him.

Psalm 27:5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 143:9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you.

I am reminded of the old hymn, Rock of Ages. 
Rock of Ages, cleft for me, Let me hide myself in thee,

This hymn was written by  Augustus M. Toplady in England after he was caught in a storm in the 1700's. He found shelter and safety in the cleft of a large rock.  He wrote this song. This large rock is still known as The Rock of Ages. You can go to it today and see this place because he wrote this hymn. He was reminded that God provides for us when we are in storms. He was reminded that God gives us peace. This hymn has stood the test of time because it speaks the truth about a loving God. It speaks to the heart of people who need to find that place of safety.

Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

We can run to God and find safety and rest. He will be there and protect us.  He will always be there. He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6)  He will come to us, hide us, provide safety, guide us and send comfort and peace in the middle of any storm. I may be in the middle of a storm, but God is my safety and my peace. I sit in His arms, hiding in the shelter of His wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts