Wednesday, November 22, 2017

remember the blessings

Sometimes we forget how truly blessed we are. As I woke up this morning thinking about all the things I need to do and all the things that bring me to worry, I came across an old song online. I listened as the words poured into my soul, I realized I am truly blessed.

There's a roof up above me, I've a fine place to sleep.
There's food on my table and shoes on my feet.
You gave me your love, Lord, and a fine family.
Thank you,  Lord, for your blessings on me.

I remember hearing that song over the years. I remember those who sang it with deep conviction about how blessed they were. I remember how blessed I am right now.  Tears fell as I listened and realized that I am sometimes forgetful to take notice of how truly blessed I am.  I get caught up in cares of this life. I worry about finances, health, jobs, and things that I cannot fix. God has been and always will be good. I could hear him speaking and reminding me of how much he loves me and how much I have been blessed. I heard him say, "I am still blessing you and I love you. I will not stop blessing you."

So I will try to make this season of Thanksgiving one of remembering how truly blessed I am, a season of thankfulness  and joy in recalling where He has brought me. He has carried us through so much and has never left us.  I can look around and see so much He has done. I can see my husband and children sitting here healthy. I can recall all the answered prayers and all the times God has met needs. I can testify of His healing power and His provision. I can tell of the love He gives and the amazing people He has placed in our lives. He has done more than I can even understand. I am grateful for His love and blessings.  Thank you, Lord, for reminding me of You.

I will give thanks to you, Lord , with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts