Wednesday, March 7, 2018

trust

"Do you trust me?"  Many times I have felt like God has asked me that question  As I face good times, bad times, uncertainty; God reminds me to trust.  Trust Him.   

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Proverbs 3:5 NIV

As we walk through our lives, there are many uncertainties and circumstances that we face. We may not understand what we face or why. The best option I have is to trust God. He has plans we may not know and He can carry us through every thing in this life.

I have heard God speak, "Do you trust me?" as I waited for test results and as I waited to hear the final verdict of my parents' car accident. I heard God ask, "Do you trust me?" when we made a decision to move and when we face financial hardships. I hear God ask, "Do you trust me?" each time I have to watch my son go through another procedure. Each time, my only response can be YES.

Trust can be hard. Trust can also be easy. When we want to fix it all and want answers, trust can be hard. But trust is easy when you just give it all to God. The answer may not always be what I hope or what I expect, but it is always the right answer and it is always in the will of God when we trust Him.

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

We can present every situation to God in prayer and His peace that passes understanding fills the place where worry once lived. We can grow in faith and gain even more trust as we say 'yes' each time God asks us to trust him one more time. One more time, He will provide, protect, intervene, and be there through the trial. He does not fail and He does not leave us. He is right there waiting for us to say "Yes, I trust you, no matter the outcome. Let us put faith into action and respond with trust. God's ways are higher than ours , better than ours, and are always for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts