Sunday, March 22, 2015

the Lord will do great things

I am full of expectation today.
Yesterday morning, I had a quick, but wonderful conversation with my dear friend, Rita Perry. She was sharing how God has been showing her that because he first loved us, we need to love him in return with every part of our being.  When we really love Him, we will be able to love others with the love of God, even those that seem unlovable. I was really blessed and also challenged to seek more of His love to be manifest in me. It was a wonderful blessing.

 I started out this morning listening to a sermon as I was getting ready for church.  This minister was speaking of the blood of Jesus being shed and how we must begin to live for him, Not just say we are christians, but be christians. We must live it and love God first.  He spoke about God sending revival and it was time to respond and awaken.  I felt energized.

Then I went to church.  I had a blessed time in my Sunday School class.  I was speaking to the kiddos about Peter denying Jesus three times. I was explaining that Peter was afraid, but when he realized what he had done, he went and repented, wept and God empowered him.  He became a bold speaker of the gospel.  I used the verse For God does not give a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7.  I felt God's presence as we spoke of God giving boldness to speak His word and live for him.
Next, began morning worship and oh, was it rich.  God's presence was felt so strongly.  Several were at the alter in sincere worship of our Savior. As we were singing and praising, I heard the voice of God speaking to me.  I kept hearing the verses found in Joel chapter 2.

27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

I was so moved that when I left the piano, I immediately opened up my bible to these verses.  As the pastor began to speak, I became more and more excited and moved.
He spoke on moving out in boldness to love others. We need to love so much that we even love our enemies just as Jesus did. As he was crucified he still loved them. He used the same verse from 2 Timothy 1:7.  He used some of same references I used.  My son was quick to point out that it was said in class too.  The sermon was about loving and putting aside our fear of being hurt or rejected.

As the day has gone on,I have done nothing but thought on these things and prayed about it. My dishes are still waiting as I had to get this written down. I realized God was telling me that we will not be ashamed when we love.  When we move in God's love, we are obeying His greatest commandments. First to love God and Second to love others.
I then realized that God was showing me that when we are obedient in love, we will begin to operate in realms of the spirit that only He can bring. It says in verse 28 it shall come to pass afterward that he will pour out his upon all flesh.
Joel was talking about a return to God but his people, a group of repentant hearts, that humbled themselves, prayed, fasted and began to worship God.  They began to express their love to him.
This is talking about revival.
When the body of Christ is revived, love begins to pour forth and God's spirit is then poured out.  Great and mighty works will come forth!  Great miracle will happen! The Body of Christ will arise and move in one accord and function as God intended!

I was reminded of a scene from the movie, Here Comes the Boom.  The teacher, Mr. Boss is standing up on his desk talking about dead cells. He spoke about how an inactive cell is no good, but as other cells begin to move, it causes a rumbling amongst the cells. This rumbling causes cells to start moving and shaking, bumping into one another and action takes place.  As this happens, the cells then begin to fall into a rhythm. They begin working together, flowing together in sync.  His last question was "What happens with this rhythm?"  The student answered, the body can be healed.

Wow!!! What an awesome thought!!! We are cells in the Body of Christ. We have been inactive, but there is a rumbling of revival!! There is a moving happening! There is a shaking happening! There is a call for unity in love for one another! There is a call for the body of Christ to begin to move as one in love to reach this world.  There is something amazing taking place.  The body of Christ has healing on the way so it can be used of God effectively.
I see something so big happening that I cannot comprehend just what it is, but GOD can see it!!
God has a mighty plan for these last days.  He is calling!
Do you hear him? Do you feel this urgency for revival in your life?  Do you feel a sense of excitement and renewal?  Do you feel a call to deeper worship, prayer, fasting and focused attention on the spiritual matters?
I am so excited in my soul. I cannot even explain it, but I sense it, I feel it, I know it.
God has spent the last few days preparing messages for me to hear just a piece of this.  I am doing my best to pay attention.  Praise God for His mighty deeds!
Joel 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts