Sunday, August 19, 2018

praise through the storm

"Can anything else go wrong?" That is what I have asked more than a couple of times recently.  Have you ever felt like nothing is going right? I think we have had to repair just about everything in our house lately, and some things more than once. The AC repair man has been here multiple times, the refrigerator, my kitchen chairs, a floor board, sewer pipe, and even my car, to name just a few. I have several people in my life that are in desperate need of healings and help.  I have felt a bit overwhelmed a few times.    But I know that I can call on Jesus in every storm.
As I was driving home to yet another repair going on, I began to just sing praises. I knew my husband was missing needed sleep and trying his best to get this new problem taken care of.  Yet, I could sing praises because I knew God was still there, taking care of us and providing.  I have experienced God's provision many times.  I have seen God provide for our finances, our health, our needs so many times. Even when we may get frustrated and feel down, God has turned it around when we just gave it to Him.  So many times, we take our eyes off of His goodness, and look at the circumstances. We see the overwhelming issues and problems and forget that He already has an answer.
Life will always have problems. Life will always throw a curve ball. But God is always ready to provide.  We just have to keep trusting Him.

I have found that as the problems come, I can just praise Him more. The joy and peace will fill me instead of fear and worry. I can look to God for my help.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord , Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
Psalms 121:1‭-‬3 NKJV

He is my shelter and my hiding place. He strengthens us and leads us through. He is a sure foundation when everything else is shifting. Even when a loved one faces hardship, depression, or despair, we can call on Jesus to change the situation, defeat the despair and replace it with peace. He will attend to our prayers and answer.

Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah
Psalms 61:1‭-‬4 NKJV

God is good and faithful. He is kind and overwhelmingly generous. He provides when the odds seem impossible. We only need to trust and have faith. I am grateful and thankful that I can run to His arms and feel His love flood through my soul. His peace and joy that cannot be explained washes away the fear, doubt and worry.  I may still have troubles and trials, but I can find peace in my storms. I can still sing praise because God is good no matter what this life may bring. God is a rock for our soul.

Praise God through the storms, He will carry you through. Yes, that trouble may still be there, but God will provide and soften the blow as only God can. He loves us and wants to be our shelter and strength. He will turn it around for our good.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
II Corinthians 12:9 NKJV

Thank you Lord for your provision, faithfulness, and goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts