Sunday, May 3, 2015

every praise


Growing up, the choir at church sang a beautiful song, "The Lord inhabits the praises of His people, oh let's just praise Him, oh let's just praise Him! I remember this song and was reminded of it today as we sang in church today, Every praise is to our God, Every word of worship in one accord, Every praise, Every praise is to our God.

I heard a story on the news about a little boy who sang this song continuously when he was kidnapped.  The kidnapper actually released him because he was singing praise to God. That is an amazing story.
Praise brings about changes in our circumstances.

God is eager to hear our praise.  We were created to praise Him.  He longs to hear our voices bringing praise.

Psalm 22:3   in the King James Version (KJV)
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

This verse actually tells us that God lives IN our praise. He will be there when we praise.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I get the message that God's presence is there when we praise Him.  If we want to attract God, to feel His presence, there must be praise coming forth from our soul.

The word of God speaks of praise in many circumstances. There is even a story of a battle being won by praises from Judah in 2 Chronicles chapter 20.  They praised God and he fought the battle. They did not have to raise a sword. It was already done.
There are verses reminding us to praise God for His greatness, for His power, for His creation, for His gifts to us, for salvation, for His actions, and for what He will do.
There are even verses telling us to praise in the face of adversity and trouble.  Praise for every situation that occurs.
Our praise should not change, decrease or stop just because of the circumstances that occur around us.  Psalms 18:3 says, I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Even in the midst of terrible circumstances, God is still worthy of our praise. I forget to praise when trouble comes my way.  I sometimes get my eyes focused on the trouble, busyness of life, things going on and forget to continually sing praises to my Savior and God.
Just like Peter walking on the water.  As long as his eyes were fixed on Jesus, he was doing the impossible: walking on water!!!!  When his eyes were on the crashing waves, doubt set in and he began to sink.  This is a great spiritual lesson. When our eyes are fixed on Jesus, we can do the impossible. Jesus promised that with him all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26) When we get caught up in circumstances, take our eyes of Jesus, or get distracted, we forget to praise and begin to sink spiritually.

I want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus,  I want to stay on top of the water with Him.  I want to praise him in every circumstance so that His presence is with me at all times.  I want to see Him and feel Him. I want to know He is fighting for me and through praise, He will do all things through me.

I remember a dear lady I grew up knowing that always praised God and always answered "I am blessed" when you asked how she was.  It did not matter what was happening. She gave God the glory and praise.  
He deserves all our praise. He deserved more praise than I give. He deserves every word of worship and more.  May I begin to bring Him the praise He is due on a daily basis, not just a couple of times a day.  Not just when I feel like it, but in every circumstance. I want my first response to be praise to God.  If I put his praise first, he will be there to accomplish the impossible.  Rather than pouring forth bitterness, complaints and sorry, I want to pour forth praise. In Luke 19:40 it says that if his worshippers keep silent, the very rocks will cry out in their place.  Let's not be silent. Sing forth praise!!!!!

Link to Every Praise Video

Every praise is to our God.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord inhabits the praises of his people....inhabits means lives in. When we truly praise God, he is free to do the work that changes, rearranges, and brings his life to our lives. His praise brings us life and freedom.
    Again, you have brought an excellent word!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts