Sunday, July 19, 2015

when I think of the goodness of Jesus! a testimony

When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all He has done for me, my soul cries out, "Hallelujah!" "Praise God for saving me!"

It is testimony time!  I am overjoyed about what God has done.  He is a good God and He does more that we can even imagine.

Over the past couple of months I have thought of this verse, probably everyday.  I have cried it out in prayer over situations of which I knew I had no control.  When I was afraid, overwhelmed and unsure, this was the verse I repeated.

Psalm 27:13-14

13 I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.


First of all, God blessed me with two beautiful children. They are wonderful and healthy kids.  I love them. My youngest, my son, was born with a cleft lip and palate.  This has required surgeries for repair.  His first surgery was at 5 months old for his lip. His first palate repair was at 1 year old. He also ended up developing a cholesteatoma in his ear. This is a cyst that could have grown into his brain.  This was found and ear surgery done.  The other ear had surgery as well to repair a hole in his ear drum.  God blessed with leading us to an expert ENT who writes the textbooks on these type of ear repairs.  My son's hearing is absolutely perfect today.

Recently, after a videoscope was done, the plastic surgeon felt it was important to complete a second palate repair on his soft palate.  It was still split and air flow when speaking was affected.
On June 9th, my little boy went to surgery.  His palate muscles were moved and reattached.  A tooth was pulled from the middle of his palate and some small holes were closed.  He had a mouth full of stitches.
Five days later, he woke up crying with a lot of pain.  I looked in his mouth and realized the stitches had all popped.  I saw a hole and swollen tissues. Being Sunday morning, we went straight to church. The church gathered and we began to pray.
When I spoke with the doctor that day, he said we would have to wait for the tissue to heal up before redoing the repair.  The tissue was too raw and swollen.
One week later, we went back to see the doctor. He looked and said, the muscles were attached and moving.  This was good. The skin tissue was still not attached, but it looked like he may not need further repair.  If he does, it will be very minor!  We will go back in 6 months for a followup.

On top of that, I began to get the medical bills and infomation from the insurance about what they would cover.  I began to add up the amounts.  I realized we were looking at paying well over $5,000 dollars for this surgery.  My husband and I prayed and said, "God always provides."  He has never failed. We had received a letter from the hospital requesting some financial information.  If we qualified, they would help us with the amount we owed and set up payments.  I mailed all the information they requested as we left on a trip to visit family. When we got home two weeks later, there was a letter from the hospital.  It said, "We are unable to provide financial assistance at this time due to your level of income. Please call regarding the amount you owe at the top."  I looked at the amount.  It was $0.00.   I opened another letter from the insurance.  It stated the amount they covered along with the statement:  The hospital has decided to accept the amount covered as paid in full.  Your cost is $0.00.  I was beyond shocked! I still can't quite get over the shock.I quickly handed it to my husband and asked him to confirm it.

God has proven to me over and over, how he can provide. When I really put my trust in Him and not worry about things, he does amazing things. He provides blessings from amazing avenues that I never expect.
We have recently purchased a newer car and this week we had to go to get the license plate and registration paperwork. When we got there, the clerk asked if we had the proof of insurance for both of our vehicles. We gave it to her.  She then explained that the money paid in for the registration was more than needed. She then applied some of the extra to pay the registration on both vehicles through the next year and handed me back a check for $309.  This was exactly what we had just paid for a service on the car.

I can say that I have seen the goodness of the Lord!!!!!

I am reminded everyday that God promised to never leave us or forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6).

In Matthew chapter 6 Jesus taught us not to worry.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I knew going into this summer, God would have to be there.  I knew going into this summer that we were facing some challenges. I also knew that if I stood on the Word, He would be there.
He has done so much more than I ever dreamed.  I could sit here and type all day about the many things he has done for us the past two months, but I will save that for another time or a personal conversation.

I just want to encourage everyone that God knows our needs before we even speak them in prayer.  Stand on His Word and trust Him. He's got it. Even if it isn't going the way we hope, He is still there, holding us and caring for us. He is a good Father.

In Isaiah 26:3 it promises:
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

Philippians 4
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

I have learned a lot about giving to God everything. In times of need or times of plenty, God already knows. He has the answers.  I definitely sing, "Hallelujah" for all He has done and what He will do.
Thank you, Lord!

The following pic, may be gross, but it is a collage of the before during and current look of my son's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts