Sunday, August 30, 2015

life is precious in His sight

When I started this blog, I had determined in myself that I would do my best to stay away from politics, topics of the day etc., and stick to the things God was revealing to me.  About 3 weeks ago, I felt very compelled to talk about Nehemiah's reaction to hearing about a terrible situation in Jerusalem.

Nehemiah 1

4 And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,
5 And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:


 I knew God was speaking to me about my own responses to a grave situation in our world, but I did not want to put it out there. I must admit my own fears of rejection and fears of confrontation have often gotten the better of me.  But today, I was reading in Jeremiah chapter 1 and God reminded me that He wanted me to speak what was in my heart. In Sunday school this morning, the scripture first mentioned and discussed were the very verses in Jeremiah chapter 1 that had spoke to me this morning.
God spoke to Jeremiah and told him his was being sent to speak to nations. Jeremiah was afraid and felt he was too young and inadequate.  God reminded him that It was God who would do the speaking and He would keep him.  So, I feel compelled to write what I know God has been speaking to me.  I feel compelled to put it out here for others. I am not saying I will speak it to the nations. It may be only a handful of people who may ever see this, but it is in my heart.



Throughout the past few weeks, we have been given access to videos of the doctors and leaders of Planned Parenthood speaking of the sale of fetal tissue for gain.  These little babies are being dismembered and discarded. These videos have brought an atrocity into the national spotlight. Abortion in itself has been brought into a national discussion.
 I am going on record and stating that the heart of God is grieving over the unborn children that are being slaughtered daily in the name of convenience, in the name of greed, shame and selfishness. I am stating clearly, that the sale of these little bodies is absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking.
I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is displeased by this and these actions grieve our Heavenly Father.
As I watched the videos, my reaction was to cry. I cried over these children who will never know what the sun feels like. They will never get to feel a hug or be held. They will never laugh or play. They were destroyed by a system that says it is ok to destroy life. The last video I watched showed an actual little body.  It was perfectly formed down to every finger and toe. It was to be cut apart for harvest.  I could not finish this video.  My soul was crushed. My heart ached for this child. I began to ask God what could I ever do to change this?

I had the privilege about 23 years ago to hold my tiny little cousin. She was born at 6 months along with her twin whom had passed after birth.  My little cousin was so tiny, she fit in my hand. She was fighting so hard to live. She was about a week old and fighting. When we sang Jesus Loves Me to her, her vitals would improve and her heart would beat strongly. She was beautiful. She survived for nine days. I will never forget holding that precious little child in my hands.  Life is life from the moment it is conceived.
God told Jeremiah in chapter 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee.
Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

God says life is there before we are born. His Word is truth and we cannot change it to our own liking.
In Luke 1:44, we read about John in the womb leaping at the greeting of Mary.  He knew before he was born that she carried the Messiah. He was a living child.

Each child is fearfully and wonderfully made.(Psalms 139:13) Even those who were conceived out of sinful actions, mistakes and even those from rape.  I have seen many stories of women who chose to keep their children, and not one has said it was negative.  Every one of them shared the blessing of that child.

I have grieved with loved ones and friends over a miscarriage. Miscarriages are often dismissed in our society, but those children mean so much to their mother.  They were alive, loved and valuable. Those little lives lost were precious. I have listened as my sister mourned the loss of her baby.  I have wanted so badly to offer words of comfort to my friend as she held out hope that the next dr visit would reveal that her baby's heartbeat was still there.  I cannot even pretend to understand.  Life was lost.

I think about when I found out I was pregnant. I loved going to the doctor for one reason only.  I got to hear my baby's heartbeat.  A heartbeat is the evidence of life.  It is what the doctor listens for first. That is life.  A heartbeat means life.  I had gestational diabetes with my first child.  While that was difficult, it also meant I went to the doctor 3 times a week to be monitored.  I got to sit and just listen to my little girl's heart. I got to see her moving and wiggling.  I got to see her grow before she was even out of the womb.  I fought hard to eat right, monitor my sugar, and cried through giving myself shots (I really hate needles) all so she could be healthy.  I know she was a live little being.  I saw her living. I saw and heard her heartbeating.  There is no doubt that life was there. It was no longer about what I wanted. It was not about my choice to do what I liked or eat what I wanted. It was about another living being that needed my best.

I understand there are girls out there that feel they have not choice. I understand they are afraid. I understand a baby brings difficulty and even shame at times. I understand having a baby changes everything.  I understand a woman may not feel prepared for this child. I understand this child may not fit in the plan you had or wanted. BUT, God does not make mistakes when life is created.  He has a plan for each and every life. When mistakes are made, we need to recognize and understand there are consequences that go with it.  However, making more mistakes does not erase the first mistake.  There are better choices for those little lives.
Abortion is sin. It is destruction.  It is murder. It destroys lives. It leads to guilt and depression. It causes more emotional scars than I can even fathom.
Please choose life.

As a follower of Christ, Jeremiah described what our reaction should be to this terrible atrocity.  Christians should be falling to our knees in anguish and mourning. Fasting and praying should be our response.  Christians should be driven to the throne of God over these babies and women who need Him.  We should be finding His will.  God reminded me that my tears over these babies is what is needed. My heart should be grieved by what grieves Him.  He wants His body to respond as He would. He needs us to fast and pray.  He needs us to move in His love and pour love into these women who are feeling trapped, scared and fearful.  He needs His body to be His hands and feet.  He needs His body to wrap arms of love around these women and show them that He loves them, that He loves that little child and He wants to bring forth life, not only of the child, but for them too.

My heart weeps. I pray that God would reveal to me His heart. I pray for these little lives. I pray for these mothers to hear God calling to make a different choice.  I pray for the providers of abortions that God would convict them and show them the grave error of their ways. I pray for those who go about the business of dismembering a little body, that they would be stricken with grief over the life they just so casually discarded.  I pray that God intervene and bring about a change in our society that life would be valued even in the womb.  That life would matter no matter how tiny. That God's perspective of a life would be the only perspective that makes sense.

My mother had a tiny plastic baby that was the size of a ten week old baby. It was about 2 inches long and was perfectly formed. That always amazed me.  She kept it up in a dish on her bookshelf. I would look at that little plastic baby and realize that God created life in the most amazing way.  In His image. Genesis 1:27
I feel it is time to respond as Jeremiah responded. It is time to fast and pray. It is time to seek God's face in this matter. It is time to find what He wants His people to do.  Yelling at abortionists does not work. Threats are not going to help anyone. Waiting for politicians will not change the hearts that are involved. Only God can do what is truly needed. His body needs to respond to His will and guidance and take action, first,  in the Spirit through prayer and fasting.  After that, only He knows what we need to do.  I need to find out what that is.  Do you? Do I have the strength to act when He says act?

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts