Friday, September 18, 2015

stay on the path

 This has really been on my mind the last few days, so I will write about it. 
When I was a little girl, I had a very vivid dream that I have never forgotten. In my dream, I was walking on a beautiful, white sand path. The sand nearly glowed it was so white. It was fine, soft sand. I was following behind my mother and my grandmother was in front of her.  Behind me, I was aware that my siblings were there. On each side of the path, there were dark, thorns and brambles.  There were dark, tiny serpents in the brambles attempting to reach me.  When the serpents would touch the white sand, they would hiss and jump back as if it stung or hurt them. I was feeling very frightened, especially since I fear snakes.  My grandmother looked back and said, "Stay on the path and they cannot hurt you."  I immediately understood and looked at that beautiful path. 

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalms119:105
When I awoke, I knew immediately, even as a child, that God had given me that dream.  My grandmother and mother were both strong Christian women.  They were prayer warriors and studied the Word. They did not back down on the importance of knowing Jesus as their personal Savior and having a deep personal relationship with Him. They were shining examples in my life. 

Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway. Psalm 85:13
I understood that God was showing me that there are spiritual things that are an enemy.  There are things of this world and of the enemy of our soul that are trying to steal, kill and destroy.  I understood, then, that I needed to look at the examples laid out before me by my grandmother and mother, as well as those in the family of God to stay strong on in faith, to live the life God has purposed. I needed to trust in the Word of my Lord and know that His path leads to life, joy and peace.  Staying on that path of righteousness can only bring good things, peace and light. 

Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip.Psalms 17:5
I am thankful that I have never forgotten that dream.  When I think of that dream, I remember to keep my focus on Jesus. I remember not to be afraid of the things of this life. I remember that joy and peace come from serving God. I remember that I can be blessed when I walk in the understanding of who God is and His purpose for me. I may sometimes get my focus on the cares of life. I may sometimes forget to keep my eyes stayed on Him.  But he reminds me.  I am thankful for the reminders. I am thankful for the examples God set before me.  I pray I can live up to their expectations. I pray I can live and walk in that path. I do not want to stray from it.  I do not want to turn away.  I want to live it and be an example to the next generation and to the ones around me.  May God keep me and make me the kind of example He needs me to be. No matter what comes our way, God is always our protector, our provider, our peace, our comfort, and our everything. 

You shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you shall possess. Deuteronomy 5:33



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts