Sunday, November 22, 2015

a broken angel


I have, well, had a little statue of an angel in the flower bed by my back door.  She was really cute. I really liked coming home and seeing that little angel statue sitting in among the flowers.  The other day I got home and she was laying down on the ground.  I reached down to pick her up and found her broken in half.  When she fell over, she broke. I realized as I felt sadness about my statue, that I had been feeling broken for sometime.  This little broken angel reflected how I have been feeling.

Life can get the best of us sometimes. Stressful times at work, struggles to meet all the demands of life and all the things that come with being part of a family can sometimes weigh on us.  Sometimes, we hear news that becomes a weight or even knocks us over. The past few weeks have felt like there has been a bombardment of terrible news and bad situations that keep coming.  I don’t know about you, but I sometimes carry those weights and burdens around.  I am the personality type that always wants to fix things.  I struggle when I cannot fix things. I wish I could fix certain situations, but alas, I am but one woman and I cannot.  However, I do know that God can fix everything I cannot.  I forget that fact sometimes.  I become burdened down and even feel broken at times.  I admit that I have felt broken.
As I went in the house thinking about my broken angel, I realized that God is the strength we need at all times. He said to cast our cares on him for He cares for us.(1 Peter 5:7 and Psalms 55:22)   He also said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. (Matthew 11:30) He is the strong tower we can run to and be safe. (Proverbs 18:10) He takes on all of our  cares and struggles.
We can come to the Lord and He will take everything we carry and everything that can break us and give us strength to go on.

I Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually.
I forget sometimes that His strength is all I really need. He is stronger than I could ever be. He reminded me that afternoon, that He was just waiting for me to ask for help.  He was waiting for me to call on Him and give everything that was weighting me down and  causing me to feel broken to Him.  He was wanting to help the whole time. I began to talk to the Lord and remind him of the things that I found troubling.  The struggles and the situations that I want to change, but can’t, of the people that need Him, more than they need me, that I need Him.  I needed His strength.
Psalms118:14 The Lord is my strength and song. And He has become my salvation.

I have felt the weights lifting and a feeling of peace and joy taking hold of my spirit. Those heavy burdens do not have to be mine alone to bear. He is a very present help. Psalms 121:1-2 says: I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

God is my help. God is my strength. He is always there and ready to provide us the strength to walk through fire and every situation that comes our way.  He does not leave us and He does not forsake us. He is always stronger and more powerful.  He is God. He is good. He does not leave us when we need Him. I am so thankful for the strength He has given me in the hard times. The situations that were weighing so heavily on me haven’t changed yet.  They are still there and I still pray about them. However, I feel stronger and I know that I have strength from God to move forward through those situations.  I do not have to be beaten or fall broken under the weight.  He has it and He will carry it for me.
Psalms 18:1  I love You, O Lord, my strength.

I can sing and praise God because He is my strength in the face of adversity, in the face of pain and struggle, His strength is always there.

I love this song. I could sing it all day.  Sometimes I do.

You my strength
Strength like no other
Strength like no other
Reaches to me

You are my hope
Hope like no other
Hope like other
Reaches to me

In the fullness of Your grace
In the power of Your name
You lift me up
You lift me up

Unfailing love
Higher than mountains
Deeper than oceans 
Reaches to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts