Monday, January 25, 2016

have no fear God is near

'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’  Isaiah 41:10

This verse is everywhere lately.  I read this verse several times recently. I even copied it into my prayer journal.  It says some very important things to me.  I have seen this verse several times since then.  I have seen it in books, on facebook, in bible studies, spoke these very words in a Christmas monologue for the Christmas service, and heard others use this verse in very adverse circumstances.  This verse is becoming very important to me.  Why?  This verse is a promise to me.
God knows me very well.  He knows I am an anxious person and I tend to fret and worry. He knows I hate not knowing what will happen and I get concerned about things I have no control over. He knows I get myself worked up.  He knows I am weak and need help.  God knows I cannot do anything without Him.  He knows that I know this as well.  He knows I realize how truly weak and unable I often feel.  I cannot be strong without Him.
God had Isaiah write down this verse so He could tell me and others like me just how much he can do.  He sent this word through the ages just to tell me I do not need to be anxious and worry.  I do not need to be strong on my own. I do not need to try to handle everything because He is going to be strong for me. He is going to be my help. He is going to uphold me by His righteous right hand.  I do not need to fear at all.  God Almighty is holding on to me and holding me up.  He has His hand on me.  Have you ever tried to hold someone up?  It takes a hands on approach.  It takes closeness and attention.  You have to pay attention to that person and wrap your hands and arms around them. That is God, he is paying attention to me and has wrapped my in His arms.  He is holding on.  He doesn’t let go.  He sees what is coming and he knows the obstacles. He knows what will happen and what we need.  God sent this verse for me apparently because I need to know He has me in His hands.  He knows 2016 may hold some tough times. He is already preparing me for what is ahead. He is reminding me that even though I may not be able to handle my frustrations, hurts, disappointments and trials, I can put my trust in Him. I can trust Him to strengthen me, help me and hold me. His righteous right hand is always there. Help me, Lord, to put aside fear and worry and replace it with trust in You.

2 comments:

  1. You get that anxious feeling from your Mother. Good quality at times. Having faith in God is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you was describing me not you lol!!! Thank you my friend for that wonderful visual and reminder of how awesome our God is and how overjoyed I am to be called his.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts