Sunday, January 17, 2016

my strength is not enough

Where does my strength come from?  Where does your strength come from?  I know without a doubt that my strength comes from God. His strength is perfect. I have no strength without Him. I cannot breathe, live or move without Him. My strength is not enough.
First of all, I am only a creation. He is my creator.  I have no life without Him taking the time to create me. I know I only exist because He saw fit to allow me to live.
Second of all, each day is a day I get to choose to live with Him or to choose to live without Him.
I choose to live with Him.  I choose to live in the reality that God is real. I cannot do anything without Him anyway.  This life is hard to live sometimes. Life in this world is not made to always be easy.  Most of us struggle, work, have chores, disappointments, heartaches etc. We also have joys, love, excitement, and fun. The hard parts and the good parts are all so much better when we make sure God is the focus, when we rely on Him.

When I have to face those hard things in life, it is still hard, but I can rely on God Almighty to carry me through.
Psalms 18:32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
Exodus 15:13 You in Your mercy have led forth
The people whom You have redeemed;
You have guided them in Your strength
To Your holy habitation.

When we seek God, He is faithful and He is there. He strengthens us and will uphold us. He will bring us through every situation.
I Chronicles 16:11 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek His face always.

He is looking to strengthen those who need him. He is not wanting us to fail. He is not willing for us to perish. He is wanting to help us, lead us, cover us and save us.  He wants to be our strength.
2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His....

Sometimes I try so hard to be strong on my own.  I always fail and feel so weak.  I cannot stand on my own strength.  I am but a human.  As a mom, I want to be strong.  As a wife, I want to be strong. As a woman, I want to be strong.  I cannot be.  I fail.
When I call on God for strength, I am amazed at how much I can do, endure, and survive. I realize I needed Him all along.  When I sat with my son as he went through surgery, he was afraid. He wanted strength from me. I had none.  I cried for strength from God, and He gave me strength to pass along to my son.  When his sutures tore open and he was in pain I could not take away, I cried for strength for both of us.  God came through with strength, comfort and wisdom.
I know God carries me through those times.
Psalms 18:1 I love you, O Lord, my strength.

God is my shield and strength. He is my help. I know I can find strength when I lean on Him.  I cannot make it through this life without God's strength. I need Him.  I am also learning that I need to trust in His strength.  I can trust His strength to carry me, and cover me.  I am learning that I can trust God to love me through my circumstances. I can trust Him through the tough times and to help me enjoy and hang on to the good times. He reminds me and shows me how good He is and brings His blessings to my life.
Isaiah 41:10
‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I am so thankful I can find strength in God. I am so thankful I know Him and He knows me. I am thankful for His promises to uphold me and keep me. I am grateful that he relieves my anxieties and reminds me that he is my help.  I can come to him anytime, anywhere and He is faithful to be there.
I am so glad I do not have to rely on my own strength to face life.  I am so glad God is always there.
I have strength only because God gives me strength.  I can be strong because He is holding me.
I can go on, when it seems I shouldn't only because of Him.

Here is a link to a wonderful song by Steven Curtis Chapman
His Strength is Perfect
Click Here for Link


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts