Tuesday, August 9, 2016

hearing through the word

Have you ever read a verse that you may have read and heard many times before, but this time something just jumps up, slaps you and gives you a huge revelation into something?  This is what happened Sunday morning. I was reading my bible and part of this verse suddenly meant a whole lot more to me that it ever had.

2 Peter 2:9 NIV
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

I have read this verse many times and heard it preached about.  I have read it different versions of the Bible, but today I heard God speak as he showed me that I am a special possession. I am chosen, holy and called.  Not just called, but called out of darkness for the purpose of declaring His praises.

Now, I have known this information and have even spoke these words but this time, there seemed to come a power with it.  There seemed to be a greater purpose behind God wanting me to understand that I am His possession, called to declare His praises.  My spirit within me leaped with joy and anticipation.  I felt excited and amazed and couldn't wait to get to church.  I can tell you our service was amazing and getting to worship and declare His praises as part of the worship team became so much more purposeful and awe inspiring. God moved and blessed.  I felt God call me to pray for a couple of people.  I believe with all my heart that their needs are met. God is doing great things and when we seek Him, he is found. His word holds the truth He wants us to understand and He will reveal it.  It is alive and powerful and provides the current we need to be the powerful church.  We need to plug into the current and get His word in us.
Hebrews 4:12 says:
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

When we submit to His word and allow it to penetrate and change us, we become more like Him and understand His purpose in us.  God is wanting to do great things in His people and He is calling His church to arise.  We need to get into His Word, let it get into us and begin to allow the Holy Ghost to operate in His will.  Thank you God for the reminder that I have the ultimate purpose of declaring Your praises.  That will be the exact thing we will get to do for eternity and we may as well get started on it now. That invited His glory to shine and allows His presence to be manifest.  It allows us to become more sensitive to His presence and voice. If you want to hear from God, read His word, praise Him, and listen. He will speak .
Romans 10:17  So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Our faith will grow by hearing the Word of God.  This is awesome.  Get ready for praising, get ready for acts of faith that demonstrate the power and majesty of God. Jesus said in John 14:12 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 

That is happening when we get in tune with Him and allow the Holy Ghost to move and operate. When we understand our true purpose as His holy, called, special possession, chosen to do good works and declare His praises.  Wow! I am excited to see what God is going to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts