Friday, March 24, 2017

peace in His path

There is an old southern gospel song sung by the Hinson's "I Won't Walk Without Jesus."  I remember my parents singing this song when I was younger. The words have stuck in my memory, and every so often, I recall them.

And I won't walk without Jesus,
I won't talk without Jesus;
I refuse to live one day as before.
I won't go without Jesus,
Just ain't so without Jesus;
Everything that I would do,
I just won't do without the Lord.

There are so many reasons I don't want to walk without Jesus. I am able to see the times that I have drifted a little further away and realized that those times are the rough places in my life. Those were the times that difficulties overwhelmed me, depression would speak to my soul, and trials grew larger than I could bare. The times that I stick close to Jesus' side are the times that hope reigned, Jesus was only a whisper away, and I could feel Him holding on to me as I faced the trials of life.

He is always present, but when I rely completely on Him, life gets a whole lot easier. You see, when I am reliant on Jesus, He carries the load for me. He said in Matthew 11:30, "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”   I don't have to be burdened down, because I can find hope, peace and strength in knowing that Jesus is right there with me. There are times when I may not know what to do, but I can rest assured that He does. He is already working on the situation for me and I don't need to worry about it.

Matthew 6:25-34
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

We do not need to worry over things when we know God is already meeting our needs.
We can trust Him and know that he cares for our needs and is meeting us right where we are.
I know He holds tomorrow in His hands and I can rest in peace over any situation.

I may hear news I don't like. My son or daughter may get a health report that may strike fear in my heart, but I know I can run into the arms of my heavenly Father. He is already waiting for me to place the need at His feet. He is ready with the answer. He has performed a healing and I am so thankful.  What should have caused me to fear, is no longer a worry, when I give it to God. He holds it for me, so I can go on and trust that He is already healing and working.

We may not know the future and we may not know what is going on sometimes, but God does.
I am so glad I don't have to carry around the burdens of life. He does that for me. I can walk with Jesus and He holds me up with peace and strength. I am safe and secure in His arms.

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


I will walk the path He has placed before me. I will walk in His ways and with Him next to me. It is  an easier path to walk than without Him. He leads me in the paths of righteousness, (Psalm23:3). I do not need to fear or worry when I am on His path. I can walk on with God and know I am safe. I find peace in His path.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts