Sunday, June 28, 2020

He holds my future

I know who holds the future. There are so many uncertainties in life. We don't know what will happen tomorrow,  next week, next year, or even the next minute. We can make plans and try to control what will be, but we really have no way of knowing. There are so many things changing in this world and seem out of control. Even with uncertainty, we do have hope. We have hope when we place our faith in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord , thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

God has plans for us and we can trust what he is doing. The next couple of verses say: Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.  And I will be found of you, saith the Lord : ...
Jeremiah 29:12‭-‬14 KJV

When we need his leading and peace, we can seek the Lord in prayer and He will be found. He will lead us and show us what he has for us. It may not be what we plan or think, but He is working ahead of us. We need to be sure we are hearing the voice of God so we are working in His will. We can trust that God will lead us where He knows we are best used by Him and where His goodness will be done. 

 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:14‭-‬15 KJV

Tomorrow is not known, but we do know that God is already prepared for what will come.  He is preparing us as well. He works on our hearts and minds to change us and make us into what he knows we are meant to be.  His goodness and mercy is with us no matter what the future holds. We may feel worry or anxiety about the unknown, but when we call on Him, his peace can fill our hearts and we can rest in His will. We also know the final outcome is eternity in heaven with our Savior. We have the greatest gift when we have salvation in Jesus Christ. We will be with him forever.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalms 23:6 KJV

My future is in His hands. I submit to His plans and purpose and know that all things will work for good. The hard things, the good things, the difficult and the easy are all in His hands.  I choose to trust my future to Him.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives.


1 comment:

  1. Well said....love the Bible its wise and speaks truth to our lives everyday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts