Thursday, October 1, 2020

Why?

 Have you ever asked God, "Why?"  I have many times. I asked him why I have had difficulties and hardships. I asked him why my mother passed in a car wreck. I asked him why my son was born with a birth defect. I asked him why when we have had financial struggles. I have asked why others have suffered. I have asked why certain bad things have happened. I have recently asked why about coronavirus.  I have asked this question many times. I have even asked why he made creation the way it is and people the way we are. Each time I ask why, he always responds with this question to me?

"Do you trust me?"

I have learned that when I wonder why, especially the hard things, it is really my own reaction of worry and mistrust in that moment. My fear takes over. 

Isaiah 55:8‭-‬9  says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord .  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

God is not mean or unfeeling but he created us with a plan in mind for each and every one of us for a purpose. He has a path for us to walk. This life is not perfect on this earth.  He knows that too. These earthly bodies are bound by natural laws and are really temporary homes for our souls.  The journey on this earth is different for each of us with joy and sorrow, pain, grief, pleasure and thrill. God knows how to take each part of our lives and use it for His purpose and glory to be revealed in us. 

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified.

Isaiah 61:3 KJV

We go through seasons of heartache and pain. Some may seem to last longer than we think we can endure. But God has healing waiting. His joy comes, his praise lifts us. He is glorified. 

In Psalms chapter 30 we can read that weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. We face trials and struggles but I know God is faithful and God is just.  He loves us and has nothing but good for us. He is a good God. 

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psalms 100:5 KJV

I can answer the question God speaks to me when I ask, "Why?" I can say say, "Yes, I will trust You."  Is it always easy?  No. But does it always bring me peace and hope? Yes, yes is does. Do I always understand the reasons behind the trial and struggle? No, I do not. I have learned that some things are better left in His hands. He knows and that is enough for me. Other times, the reasons behind the situation is revealed and I am grateful and thankful that God knew all along what I needed and for his hand working things for my good.  No matter the season, I can trust my Lord for He is always good. His purpose is not one of comfort and ease here in the temporary. He is looking after our souls with eternity in mind. He has a greater value and plan that leads us to eternity. He can take every situation and use it for our good, for the good of others, for the perfecting of his saints, or to reach a soul that is lost. His purpose is more than we can think or understand in this natural life.

Even when we face uncertainty, loss, pain, and the fear of the unknown, we can place our faith and hope in the goodness of God knowing His purpose and plan is to reveal himself to us and draw us nearer to His will. He loves us and has no greater purpose than to bring us home to eternity. 

For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:11‭-‬12 KJV

We will fade away in the natural. We will face our eternity. We will endure others heading to eternity before us. Trials will occur in this life. When our hearts want to cry out, "Why?" we can turn our hearts and our face toward heaven. We can place all our faith in the Master's loving hand and declare, "I will trust You. No matter what may be, I will trust you." 

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5‭-‬6 KJV

The next time I ask God, "why?" I know he will again ask, "Do you trust me?" My answer is, "Yes, Lord. I will trust you. In the face of every struggle, moment of fear, defeat, and tears, I will trust You!"  Joy always comes in the morning. His direction path is before me. I will walk on with my faith growing  and my trust in Him.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts