Friday, July 23, 2021

grace for me

 I don't know about you, but I am often very hard on myself.  I am my own worst critic.  I can sometimes be very self-critical and will say the worst things about myself.  I would never say these things to someone else, but I can say it to myself.  If I make a mistake, I may call myself names and even feel defeated.  My husband really does not like it when I do that. He has told me for years to stop doing that. I know I am not alone in this. God spoke to me this past week  about this. I can give grace to myself just because he already did gave it to me. He still giving grace.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV

We all have hang-ups and weaknesses. We all make mistakes. But God has extended mercy and grace for that reason. He knows who we are, after all, he created us. I can easily speak of God’s grace to someone else but forget that I need it too. Without his mercy and grace I would not be here. 

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 4:16 KJV

I came to Jesus, repented of my sins overwhelmed by his love, mercy, and grace. I have lived it and felt it. I try my best to extended the same to others that they might also experience the birth of salvation.  For it was by grace I was saved.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:8 KJV

I see grace at work for others. I rejoice as grace and mercy changes lives from destruction to glory. Yet, I struggle to see myself as God sees me, under grace. I see my shortcomings and failures. I can often dwell on them and be overcome by them.  I often deflect complements and devalue my talents and gifts.  Is this what God really wants? Is this what the enemy wants to keep us from fulfilling the work God has for us? 

Yes, we must be humble, but the realization that we are a child of God brings a confidence in walking in His Spirit.  Without walking in the Spirit, we cannot move forward in the will of God. Dwelling on our weaknesses, rather than His strength will keep us broken and unable to work in the will of God. 

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 4:16 KJV

I need to realize that rather than belittling myself, I can come boldly to Him and find his grace is still sufficient for me. Rather than beating myself down, I can speak life and remind myself that God made me His child. I need to see myself as God sees me, in need of grace. Rather than allowing the enemy of our soul to attempt to derail the work that God has already done in me, I need to stand boldly in grace declaring the work of the Lord and move forward in what he has for me.  

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

James 4:6 KJV

He gives grace to the humble and then gives even more grace.  Being humble is not being self destructive,  but it is understanding how much we need and rely on God for all things. It is recognizing his strength is what gets us through.  It is allowing him to work on us and through us for the purpose of the Kingdom. It is accepting that grace and mercy covers us and, we too, need mercy and grace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts