Sunday, September 26, 2021

never alone

 Do you ever feel alone?  I know I have and in some moments I still do.  We may all face situations that seem to make us feel alone.  In today’s environment, I have realized that many people feel extra lonely due to the circumstances of quarantines, social distancing and lack of social events. We have been forced to be alone. For some, they are kept away from family and cannot visit. This breaks my heart as I think about how lonely that feels. There has been an uptick in depression and suicide among all ages, even children. I know of some right in our small community. This concern weighs heavily on my heart. I truly believe the enemy of our souls has taken advantage of these times and has began to speak sadness and depression into people.

But I know the God of hope. I can find hope and offer hope in the One who is our Hope. Jesus promised to always be with us. In Hebrews 13:5 it says, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  This verse is one of the verses that always resonates with me when I feel loneliness, sadness, or overwhelmed by life. I am not alone. God is by my side. He is in my heart and he loves me more than I can even fathom. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He is my confidant, my comfort, and my friend. He is there when no one understands. He is there when the world seems to pass by. He is there when I may not be able to reach out to others. He understands. He cares and he is there.

I have listened to people talk about depression and have even experienced it myself. It can be very hard to find a way out. But I know I can call on the name of Jesus. He is always faithful and true. He is my joy and my hope.  I find I can praise Him through any storm and he is ready to rush in with what I need. He has carried me through many rough times and has never left me even for a moment. He is always knows my need before I even ask.  I know he carried me through loss and pain. He guided me through uncertainty and the unknown. He has proven over and over that he loves me. I can see how he has worked in my life in the past. I know he will do it again.

I can share this hope with others. God has really spoken to my heart many times the verse above and I want to be a light to others that hope is always available in Christ. We can trust him and know he is with us even to the end. I am prayerful that each day, I can share his love with someone and be a light of hope to a lost and despairing world. There is always someone who needs to know that they are loved. There is always someone at the end of their rope reaching out for just a little hope. Be the light. Offer hope.  Keep shining Jesus to the world. Be there when it seems no one else cares. He will be there for you and he will be there in you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts