Sunday, December 23, 2018

my Father's hands

I looked down at my hands this morning and realized how much they look like my dad's and my mom's hands. They passed so many traits on to me. In turn, my husband and I have passed our traits on to our children.  The other day, a gentleman commented how much our daughter favored me.  He said God works it so children will carry on the good things.  He mentioned how his seven sisters each remind him of his mother. It was a sweet conversation.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:27 KJV

God made us in His image. We are to be a reflection of Him. We carry the traits of our heavenly Father. We have many traits as human beings that reflect our Creator. We have a driven desire for relationship with Him. A desire for love and an inner understanding of morality that can only come from God. We as humans, in general, follow a set of rules and laws for what us good and bad. We seek love, we seek good,  we seek to fulfill our needs for relationship with others and God.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV

Spiritually, we are also a reflection of God. We are changed into His likeness through salvation.  We are to be His body,  His hands , feet, and voice to those around us.  When they see us, they should see Him.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV

We, as His children,  are a reflection of our Father. We carry His traits. We remind others of Him.

My dad used to tell us kids, "You're an Ellis and I expect you to act like it " How much more so does our heavenly Father expect us to behave as His child? He wants our lives to show the world who He is in a true reflection of love, mercy,  righteousness , and goodness. He is a good, good Father. That is what He wants us to show the world. May we reflect the traits of our heavenly Father in a manner that is worthy of who He is in us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts