Thursday, December 20, 2018

trust the plan

It is truly amazing how God provides just what we need when we need it. His plan is evident in every circumstance when we just listen and attend to His voice.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord : and he delighteth in his way.
Psalms 37:23 KJV

As I studied the Christmas story in Luke chapter 1 and 2 this past month,  I was truly inspired and awed by the plan that God had laid out for Jesus to be born. His plan was laid out by the prophets, Isaiah, Amos and others. The scriptures of the Old Testament foretold the birth of Jesus hundreds of years before he came. God spent hundreds of years preparing for the birth of Jesus. He prepared the lineage for his family. He prepared Elizabeth and Zechariah for the birth of John so he could prepare the way. He prepared Mary and Joseph to parent and raise Jesus. He even prepared the desires of Ceasar to require taxation that sent Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem. He prepared Simeon and Anna in the temple to greet the young couple when they brought the sacrifice to dedicate Jesus as the firstborn. They prophesied and ministered to the young Babe and His parents. God prepared them.

In much the same way,  God prepared for us as well. He has known all along that we would be here.  He prepared for us. Jeremiah 1:5 says He knew us before we were even formed in our mother's womb. He planned and prepared for us. It is no accident that we are here. You are not an accident. When we seek Him and walk in His plan, we can fulfill the purpose He has for us.  He will not leave us.  We may not understand everything,  but we can trust that His plan for us is perfect.

As you do not know what is the way of the wind, Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.
Ecclesiastes 11:5 NKJV

Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth,  Zachariah, Some in and Anna may nor have understood everything they were asked to do. They may have some of the story,  but as human beings, they did not have all the knowledge of God. They had to trust; trust that God was leading them in His plan.

This week, I have really needed to trust that God has a plan.  It is so hard to watch your sweet child endure pain and go through a surgery. I may not understand why he must go through all this. But in the midst of it all, God has revealed bits of His plan.  We have prayed with a young lady and shared my son's story. When we call out in prayer, God answers. This morning, I was preparing to head back up to the hospital and I was reminded that our steps are ordered by the Lord. I heard Him remind me that He prepared each day for us. A little later, ad my daughter and I stepped on the elevator, a gentleman spoke words of encouragement and life into our souls. He reminded me that I am here for the purpose of raising my children and passing on what I know  and what I to them. In that brief conversation,  God spoke to reinforce that He is preparing for us daily. He ordered our steps today. He provided needed encouragement. Throughout the day, contacts and reminders were heaped upon us of God's careful planning and timing. When we take the time to be prayerful and attentive to God, we can find ourselves emersed in His live and goodness in every moment, every circumstance.  We are not promised tomorrow or perfect, easy life. We are promised His love,  His faithfulness,  and God's ever prepared plan for us to follow. He asks of us to trust. His hand us on our lives and is easily seen when we simply allow Him to lead.

Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me.
Psalms 139:10 NKJV

No matter how tempting it is to become confused, frustrated or doubtful, we only need to trust that God's purpose is still evident for us.

For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me.
Psalms 31:3 NKJV

We will find hope, comfort, peace, and joy in the knowledge of God and His plan. He has already prepared for us. Take His hand and hold on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts