Thursday, January 9, 2020

where He leads

I wake up pretty early and it is usually dark when I sit down to eat breakfast, and read my Bible. I like to sit where I can look out the back window and watch the sun rise.  It is always beautiful to see the colors slowly rise and take over the darkness. It is like a glimmer of hope rising from the blackness of night. I began to talk to the Lord about my day, about the needs I know of and asked him to show me where he wants me to go and do. The words of this hymn came to my mind this morning as I watched the sunrise.
“Where He leads I’ll follow, follow all the way. Oh, where He leads I’ll follow, follow Jesus every day.”
I have always liked that hymn. It reminds me that we can listen to His loving words, we can go to him, and we can trust that He will lead us. Hymns seem to hold a lot of wisdom and truth found in the word of God.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I may be the only one, but there are times I don’t really know what or where I am going. I know I am seeking God and I know He has a plan. He promised a plan for our lives. We don’t always see it or even have a clue about what it might be. This is where trusting God really comes in. We have to place our faith in Him, hold His hand and know that He is leading us in the right direction.  This can feel uncertain, unnerving, and even maybe make us feel a bit lost at times. But, God already knows where we are supposed to be and what we are going to be doing. He has a plan already laid out. We need to take that next step and walk in the faith we have, place all our faith in Him and just keep walking.
My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.

He will always keep us when the path ahead looks confusing, treacherous, or even just hard to see.  I know God is leading. I think about Abraham when God told him to go from the land of Uz and just start walking. God promised him that he would be the father of many nations and everywhere he walked would be given to him for his descendants. Abraham did not see this fulfilled in his lifetime but God kept that promise. He may have wondered at times if this promise was right. He may have feared at times. He may have even felt lost, but he kept walking in faith of that promise. He didn’t have an heir until he was 100 years old, but he kept going, knowing what God had promised.

We can keep going in faith, knowing that God is leading. We can follow where He leads. There is a peace that comes as we know we are walking in His will even when it doesn’t seem clear. His ways are higher than ours and He already prepared the way for us. The road ahead may appear dark, but there is light on the horizon. There is clarity and victory. There is a destination that is sure. There is a God leading us when we hold to His unchanging hand. He knows the way. Trust Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts