Saturday, January 25, 2020

my lips shall praise You

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.
Psalms 63:3 NKJV

There is so much we can praise God for. He is good, just, and righteous. He created us and made this world for us. We are blessed daily in ways we may not always recognize. Even moments that seem against us can actually be blessings meant for our good.  I remember in 2008 having a car accident that put me off work, unable to walk for three months. I spent everyday of my recuperation at my parents house for about two of those months until my parents left on a trip.  At the time, I was frustrated that I could not care for myself or my children. I was frustrated that I had to rely so heavily on my husband and my parents, and that I was hurting and injured. But, this was a time that placed me in a position where I got to spend time with my mother, talk with her, and connect with her in a deeper way. Unbeknownst to me, I needed this time with her as she was to pass away on that trip. I look back and feel so blessed that God orchestrated what seemed to be a trial into a blessing.

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.  For thou, Lord , wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Psalms 5:11‭-‬12 KJV

There is a protection that comes only from God. We can place our trust in Him and rejoice knowing He is our defender and protector.  We can rejoice and shout for joy even in the midst of trials knowing we are covered by the blood of Jesus.

We may be facing uncertainty, struggle and trial, but God is already working out the answer. He is carefully orchestrating what needs to take place. While we may be surrounded by fear and worry, we can find peace. We do not need to worry because He is right here taking care of us. When a job suddenly ends, or a doctor report comes back negative,  we can still have faith that never wavers. When we face terrible, painful loss, our Savior can comfort us and carry us through. When fear and anxiety about what the future may hold tries to take over and break us, we can call on the Name of Jesus and be filled with His loving presence.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 KJV

We can find strength to keep going, keep fighting, and keep trusting. We can praise and worship instead of fearing the future. We have God on our side. We can humble ourselves, present our petitions before God, and leave it at His feet. He is our strength and can be our song. We will walk through all circumstances and emerge with a victorious testimony.  When all seems lost in our perspective, there is hope in Christ Jesus.  He is already gone before us. He knows the plans he has for us and has set in motion the things needed to keep us and bless us.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV

Even when we are weak, He is strong. We can rest assured that there is nothing that surprises God, nor weakens Him in the face of trouble.  We can rejoice and shout a praise when every one expects  to hear fear and mourning. When we could have a right to complain, we can choose to praise.  We can praise God because of who He is. He is always good. He is always righteous. He is always loving us. He is always right on time in every circumstance, good and bad.  He already knows what we need before we even ask.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Matthew 6:8 KJV

I choose to rejoice when the cares of this life threaten to overwhelm me. I choose to give a shout of joy in the face of adversity. I choose to trust in Jesus,  because I know He has a table spread ready for me with all that is good for me.
Lord, help me always to find Your peace as I trust in You.  May I ever rejoice and give thanks regardless of what life hands me.  Help me, Lord, to not waver, keep my praise, and my faith ever placed in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts