Saturday, February 22, 2020

Wait

We sometimes go through seasons when God is working on our hearts and minds. We may not recognize it at first, but He is pulling us to  a new place, removing parts we don't  need anymore, and and making us a little more like Him. I am finally realizing I am in one of these seasons.  I know God is reaching into the depths of my heart and working on me.

I think we start out thinking we may have finally mastered some spiritual matter, such as, trusting Him, only to realize we have so much more to learn. My husband and I have been on a journey together growing in our walk with God. It has not been an easy few months, but I am realizing all the difficulties we have been facing are really God placed opportunities for growth. I have realized I only thought I had learned to trust God. Now, I am learning even greater trust and faith.  I have seen God perform some mighty things in our hearts the past few months that at the moment, felt like I was being overwhelmed and beaten by life.  Some prayers we have prayed for quite a few years are being realized and answered. God has taken us through a valley that felt burdensome, only because there was great reward waiting.

We do not always realize as we go through the valley that we are really heading for a blessing on the other side. We may even get our eyes on the struggle, the darkness, and the hardship of the journey. We may cry out to God with fear trying to take hold, wondering why we are in such a place, but God only asks we trust Him. While it felt tempting to give up or wallow in self pity, several verses have flooded my heart and Bible study these past few weeks, as I have needed to seek out a source for hope and strength in the journey. I have had to recall and remember all I know, and that is God is always good.

Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
1 Chronicles 16:12 KJV

I will remember the works of the Lord : surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
Psalms 77:11 KJV

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord .
Psalms 27:13‭-‬14 KJV

I wait for the Lord , my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psalms 130:5 KJV

As I read these verses and prayed, I know God spoke one word to my heart. "Wait."

I get in a hurry to rush through the valley. I get in a hurry to find my answer and what I think needs to be done. But God says to wait on Him and He will bring to pass all that He has for us. He already has set in motion the right paths and answers we need. He is working on my heart to prepare me for that answer. My husband and I have talked several times that we know God is preparing us for more in His service, but we are also needing to learn some things from Him. He has changed our hearts.  He has placed a deeper love for one another and for others. He is pulling out the harmful, bitter roots we may have allowed to take root, and replacing it with compassion. He is removing hurt and fear, and replacing with trust and peace.  Some of this we didn't even realize we were holding on to, but God knew it was time for some deep cleaning and restoration. Do I like it as He does this? Not always. But I am seeing the reward of submitting to His work in me.  Do I feel like He is done? No! I realize I am far from finished in His sight. I have a mess in my heart only He can help me with. I am so thankful He is still working to make me more like Him. He has not given up on me. This past week, we have seen God provide, protect, and begin to heal hurts that have run deep. He is answering prayers for souls we have prayed over for a long time.  It is only the beginning,  but He is doing something we could never had accomplished on our own.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord .
Isaiah 55:8 KJV

While I may have kicked and screamed a little in the process of being corrected and changed, I now realize God was just working on me to take me to a new place in my relationship with Him.  I am on my way to understanding that my ways are not His ways and my thoughts are not His thoughts. His ways are much better than mine and I need to just trust that He is taking care of me and all we need.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Romans 5:3‭-‬5 KJV

I am more determined to obey God and just wait. Wait on His work to be accomplished in my heart, wait on the good He has in store, wait on His leading. And wait on others I  the sense of serving them however God sees fit.
May we all learn that we need to wait in hope, wait in trust, wait in faith. Wait on God for He is good. Thank you Lord, for working on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts