Saturday, March 21, 2020

finding blessing in this situation

Quarantine! I never dreamed I would ever be in a quarantine situation, but here I am. We all are, as we watch this virus moving through our communities. We are asked to stay home and follow social distancing to lessen the possibility of spreading the virus.  There are many responses and emotiions I know we may all be feeling, such as fear, worry, disbelief, concern, uncertainty,  etc.  On social media I see many varying responses as some choose not to believe it is real, those following the precautions, to absolute terror.  We are just human beings and we are realizing just how vulnerable we truly are.  We are shutting the doors of businesses, schools, churches and all nonessential things we have enjoyed.  But what does all this mean? What am I to do with all this?

I feel that as we find new ways of reaching out without being physically present, as we actually stay home, and our lives have been forceably slowed down, we can also take this time to connect in an even greater way to God. We have time freed up and distractions have been removed. I do know God is ever present and ever loving. He is a good God. When we face great trials and uncertainty, we have a loving Father who will be there and provide all we need.  I know God is waiting and ready to hear us and to respond to us.  He knew before we did that we would need Him. He knows our thoughts and our struggles. He has answers for every fear. He has peace. He has comfort. He has love.  We can find rest in Him.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;  Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.  There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.  God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.  The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.  Come, behold the works of the Lord , what desolations he hath made in the earth.  He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psalms 46:1‭-‬11 KJV

The Word of God is filled with wisdom, comfort, and peace. When we read the Bible, God's word comes alive and meets us where we are with what we need. He speaks to us and gives us the peace we need in these situations. He strengthens our faith and trust.

We can pray. We have more time to dedicate to our prayer. This prayer can build our relationship with God. We can learn more of him and know that He hears us. We can more easily recognize the voice of God. We can become more familiar with who He is. This can be a time of spiritual growth.

This can also be a time of building relationships even while we are apart. In our homes, we now have time for one another.  We can talk and share without having to rush out to the next appointment on the calendar. We can really listen to each other, laugh with each other and learn more about each other.  We also have time for that long phone call with a distant family member or friend. We have technology that allows us to message and video chat around the world. We can reach out to others who need encouragement  or just a laugh.

We have so much opportunity in the middle of this crazy, uncertain time. We can take this time to allow fear to overtake us, or we can turn it around into that time we always say we wished we had.  We have been given time in the middle of a trial. I have always said, "If I had more time..."  well, here it is. I want to take advantage of this time with my kids and my husband while I can. I had been wishing for more time with my near grown daughter, Now I have it. I have wanted more time to read and pray. I have it. I wanted time to spend and enjoy with my family. Here it is.  I wanted to be able to take time to reach out to distant family and friends. While I wouldn't choose to get time in this manner, I want to make the best of this time.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:24 KJV

We have time now, let's use it as we know we should. God is giving us time to hear from Him and to reconnect those relationships in our lives. God wants what is best for us, and while a pandemic may be ravaging, we can still find blessings and find that God is still working. Most of all, we can really talk to God and find His will for us in the middle of all this chaos.  We can pray over all this fear and for those affected by the virus. We can make a difference spiritually for ourselves, for others, and for the Kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts