Sunday, March 8, 2020

testify of Him

I have always liked listening to older people tell their stories. I know some may not always appreciate or understand why the stories are important, but they are very important.  I remember growing up in a time when there was a testimony service. People would tell about the good things of God in their lives.  I wish I would have had the forethought to have written some of those down.  I recall my grandpa's testimony of when God saved him and changed him.  I remember when my Great Aunt Betty testified about her trip to China with a suitcase full of Bibles and the police stopped them. When they asked what she had, she told them she had Bibles, they never took them nor stopped her. She passed them out to people who wanted Bibles.  She told of times when God healed her and protected her.  I have listened over the years when others have spoken of miracles, of protection, of the leading of God, and His mighty ways of provision. I have heard of a desperate mother pray for her dead baby and he came back to life.  I have heard of lost souls hear of Jesus and be changed and saved.  I have heard of God providing finances  and helping some one find a small lost item, after praying for God to help them find it.

Why is this important? Now that I have had to face some similar experiences, I can recall, in those moments, when I heard someone tell me about what God did for them, and I can say, "If God did it for them, then He can do it for me too."  When I have seen how God answered their prayers, I know He can answer mine.  It increases my faith and helps me stand on the Word of God in my moments of need. Their testimony creates hope for God to move in my situation.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11 KJV

Our testimonies are powerful. When we speak of the blessing of God to others, we are declaring His power. We are encouraging others, and praising Almighty God.  We are sharing the work God has done for us.  This brings victory for us and for those who hear of God's work in us, for us and through us.   Too many times we are afraid to share or may think our testimony isn't that great.  We may even dismiss it as not important or powerful. No matter how small it may seem, our testimony is important.  What God did for you, He did because He loves you more than we can imagine. It is something you can share with others to lead them to know God, to encourage them and help them know that God can work for them too. God can use your testimony to bless someone else.

Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
Psalms 119:24 KJV

There was an old song that had the words, "It is no secret what God can do. What he's done for others, he'll do for you. With arms wide open, he'll pardon you. It is no secret what God can do. "

Listen to other speak of how God has kept them and blessed them. Listen when they testify of all the goodness of God. It will bless you.
We should never be ashamed or afraid to share or testify about the goodness of God.  He has done big things and little things.  He is working on our behalf to help us and show us his love and goodness. He has asked us to share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What better way than to speak of the blessings we have received.  Speak of those moments when you spoke a simple prayer  and God answered. Speak of those desperate cries and God came running with arms full of grace.  Speak of those moments when God spoke in that still small voice just to say He loves you and the times when His word came pouring into your heart to change you and make you whole.  Those testimonies are the words of life, not only to you, but to those who hear.  Speak of the joy of knowing your Savior and it will lead others to know Him too.

Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
Psalms 119:129 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts